The grant will fund 20 weeks of 2-hour workshops titled "Symbols and Storytelling." In the workshops we will use our Coreforms and Keywords as points-of-departure and invitations-to-interact in order to explore participant's personal connections to contemporary cultural concepts.
LMCC has assigned us to the Lenox Hill Neighborhood House (lenoxhill.org) organization. We will be working with participants at the Saint Peters Church location in Midtown East. We are extremely excited to be a part of the socially-engaged missions of SU-CASA, LMCC and Lenox Hill! Our "Symbols and Storytelling" workshops will draw upon many global systems of symbol-making, dating back to the Stone Age and progressing through our contemporary symbols.
A Review of 2017
DOEprojekts had a very full year of artistic activity and social engagement in 2017:
• Artistically supported and participated in the 2017 Women's March in NYC
• "Migrations" solo exhibition at the Sheen Center, NoHo, NYC
• Teaching residency at the Grunewald Guild, Plain, WA
• Teaching residency at Holden Village, Lake Chelan, WA
• "HOME(less)" at Hebrew Union College Museum, NYC (on display until June 2018)
• CENTRAL BOOKING, group exhibition, December 2017
• Initiated "Manhattan Micro-Apartment Artist Residency" for two practicing artists, Professor Ying Kit Chan (Univ of Louisville) and Australian painter Tyrone Layne.
• Beekman School art teaching (Deborah) and YourBusinessAssistantPlus.com (Glenn)
Goals for 2018
• Support creative communities such as Lenox Hill Neighborhood House. These communities are often located in houses of worship, such as Saint Peters Church and the Metro Baptist Church
• Continue to develop "space resources" for artists and others who benefit from creative space
• Work with new forms and build upon our Coreforms and Keywords, with an emphasis on interrogating growing economic inequalities between people and communities in the USA
We thank all of you who have supported our journey to date and we wish you a healthy and happy 2018. Keep in touch! Let us know if you will be in the Manhattan area in 2018.
Please follow us and "Like Us" on Social Media: